The Red Door

5:55 PMUnknown

Inspiration: Palos Verdes "Ship Wreck Hike" and awesome friends. 

Everything is everything.

Yesterday my mind was blown as I thought about the infinite number of universes that could potentially exist; all holding a varying version of me. All the alternate me's that chose different paths than the one I am currently on. The one that is dead. The one that is a doctor. The one that is not blogging. So, I am everything. In other parallel universes I am everything I ever wanted to be; other versions of "me" exist somewhere.

If there is a universe that is exactly the opposite of this one, it means that we are all stuck in a loop. If in this universe a relationship has ended, that means that in this alternate universe, it has just begun. And if in this universe a loved one has died, in the alternate universe that person was just born. So, to stay at peace, I have to remember that in this alternate universe good is happening when the shit hits the fan here. But what if we, humans, ARE universes? What if the person sitting next to us is one of our alternate universes. Someone completely different, yet related to us because that person is just another outcome of us in the grand scheme of possibilities on this earth? We are all connected in some way. We are everything. Everything is everything.

I once believed that obtaining all of the earthly possessions I had fantasized over as a child would make me happy. I thought that if I made these childish wishes come true, I'd be living the American dream. I thought all I wanted was to grow old next to the love of my life. I envisioned us sitting on rocking chairs, watching our children punk the other kids on the block. In this wish of mine, I'd look back, just to make sure that the red door of our house was closed so that June bugs wouldn't get in. A red door. All I wanted was that stupid red door. But yesterday I realized I have that red door in some alternate universe. Another version of me has everything I ever wanted, or thought I wanted. And funny enough, in yet another universe, I AM that red door. I have all I ever wanted at this moment because multiple versions of me have it all--somewhere in these alternate universes. I AM all I ever wanted. I am everything. Everything is everything.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form